The York University Scholarship For International Students is a scholarship and award opened for international applicants who demonstrate leadership through community service or excellence in the arts or sport.
What You Should Know About York University
York University is Canada’s third-largest university. There are approximately 55,700 students at the university, 7,000 faculty and staff, and more than 315,000 alumni worldwide, has over 120 undergraduate programmes with 17-degree types.
It is ranked 14th globally & 4th in Canada in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings for Climate Action.
Why Study at York University?
York University is offering gold standard teaching and cutting-edge research, both nationally and internationally. It offers several degree programmes and courses in a variety of fields.
With a wide variety of academic, social and cultural opportunities, it is dedicated to helping students fulfill their career aspirations.
Courses or Subjects Offered By York University Scholarship
The scholarships are open to studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Eligibility Criteria for York University Scholarship
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Applicants must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2021.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent.
- Applicants must be required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada.
- Applicants must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation and have no previous university or college studies.
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other individual achievement areas.
- Applicants must be nominated by their high school
The nominated applicant will be considered for the International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction, the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, the International Circle of Scholars Scholarships, and the York University Academic Excellence Scholarships.
- The applicant must then provide the name, position, e-mail, and phone number of the nominator in the application form.
- Applicants must speak to their school guidance counsellor, principal, or administration about the York International Student Scholarship & Award Application and receive confirmation that they are the individual from that school who has been nominated.
Benefits of the Programs
There are total of 10-15 scholarships available for the deserving candidates and will be awarded as follows:
- International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction: $35,000 per year.
- International Circle of Scholar’s Scholarship:$15,000 for the first year of study.
- York University Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students: $5,000-10,000 for the first year of study.
- Global Leader of Tomorrow Award for International Students: $20,000 per year.
How to Apply for York University Scholarship
For applying to these schorships, applicants are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To be considered for this educational award, you must take admission to an undergraduate degree program at York University.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- A recommendation letter
You will require special permits and visas as an international student to study in Canada. You’ll do it at the nearest Canadian Embassy, Consulate or High Commission. You can apply for your permit and agree to accept it after obtaining an offer of admission from York University.