In this articles, we have written theType Of Information Collected From Travelers At The Canadian Border.
Arriving at the Canadian border, they are different types of information the border patrol officer / immigration office would ask for, these information are necessary and should be submitted without any swear word, this information is used to verify the traveler’s identity, status in Canada, traveler’s destination, reasons for traveling or visiting, and so many other reasons.
Also read: Cashiers Needed In Canada
What Are The Information Requested?
The information ask for is not reveal to any third party or organization unless the need arise or a special request and authorized access are allow to any of the listed persons or organizations.
Name of the requested information includes
- Date of birth;
- Country of citizenship;
- Passport details;
- Date of entry or exit;
- Data displayed in the Global Case Management System for immigration and citizenship applicants such as;
- Client identification (i.e., family name and given names, gender, date of birth, country of birth, etc.),
- Contact information and history, educational, and employment information.
As at any point, you have the privilege to request for a soft-copy or a hard-copy of your information so as to enable you to do your own valuation, and see errors.
Following from the recent press-release by the Canadian government in charge of travel and international, we where able to collect a list of type of information the border officials are required to get from travelers before they are let in or out of Canada.
- List of Authorized Organizations and Persons Allowed Access to Your Details
- Border services officers and superintendents;
- Criminal investigations officers and analysts;
- Document analysts;
- Hearings officers and hearings advisors;
- Inland enforcement officers and enforcement case officers;
- Intelligence officers and intelligence analysts;
- National Border Operations Centre officers;
- National Security Screening Division officers and analysts;
- National Targeting Centre (NTC) targeting officers;
- NTC targeting operations intelligence; and
- Trusted traveler officers.
The above information is mainly shared with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Most of the information ask for help the border officers increase the security and safety of the citizens and immigrants in Canada and others for other important reasons.