In this post, we would be sharing with you the 10 best Igbo traditional wedding attire.
Igboland which is located in the Southeastern part of Nigeria, where they have lived since ancient times. They keep their traditions and customs unbroken, and marriage is among them. Igbo weddings are brightly colored ceremonies that come about according to old habits and methods. There are many special rules for every wedding detail, including the behavior, kitchen, and original wedding in Igbo Land.
Throughout a traditional Igbo wedding, everyone dresses up to the best standard. The bride is usually the center of the event in her adorable expensive dress that compliments her divine beauty.
Fashion has made things better for us. Now we have so many pretty Igbo attire for traditional weddings and see how amazing it makes individuals and couples outstanding at their Traditional weddings.
This are the things you need to know;
- 10 Best Igbo Traditional Wedding Attire
- How is Igbo’s traditional wedding done?
- How many wives can an Igbo man have?
- Which tribe is the richest in Nigeria?
- What is the name of Igbo attire?
- What are the Igbos known for?
- What you need for a wedding?
- What are the three types of marriage in Nigeria?
- What are the advantages of love marriage?
Also check: 10 Awesome Braids Hairstyles For Long Hair
Table of Contents
- 1 10 Best Igbo Traditional Wedding Attire
- 1.1 How is Igbo’s traditional wedding done?
- 1.2 How many wives can an Igbo man have?
- 1.3 Which tribe is the richest in Nigeria?
- 1.4 What is the name of Igbo attire?
- 1.5 What are the Igbos known for?
- 1.6 What you need for a wedding?
- 1.7 What are the three types of marriage in Nigeria?
- 1.8 What are the advantages of love marriage?
10 Best Igbo Traditional Wedding Attire
How is Igbo’s traditional wedding done?
In Igboland, tradition states that the groom takes a few gifts along like Palm wine, soft drinks, kola nuts, tobacco, beer, goat, and snuff. The groom’s family then presents all they have bought to the bride’s family on an agreed date or on the day of the wine-carrying ceremony.
How many wives can an Igbo man have?
In Nigeria, they are allowed to marry more than one wife however it depends on the man and the family and the tribe.
Which tribe is the richest in Nigeria?
The Igbo is considered to be one of the richest tribes in Nigeria. The people belonging to the Igbo tribe own many businesses and are heralded as master economists. Almost 70% of Nollywood, the Nigerian film industry, is run by Igbo people. Actually, some of the most popular Nigerians hail from this community.
What is the name of Igbo attire?
The Igbo men’s traditional attire is called Isiagu, also known as Chieftaincy.
What are the Igbos known for?
Igbos are well known for their difference in soups, made from locally grown vegetables, seeds, and fruits. The most popular Igbo soups are akwu, nsala, oha, ofe owerri and okazi. The Igbo people have a traditional religious belief that there is one creator, called Chukwu or Chineke.
What you need for a wedding?
- Hire photographer, videographer, caterer, DJ/band, florist, and planner.
- Mail your Save the Dates.
- Purchase wedding dress, veil, and undergarments.
- Establish a fitness routine.
- Choose bridal party attire and accessories.
- Reserve ceremony and reception venues.
- Book officiant.
What are the three types of marriage in Nigeria?
The three types of marriage in Nigeria are traditional/customary marriage, church/Islamic marriage, and Statutory marriage.
What are the advantages of love marriage?
The benefits of marriage;
- Love marriage paves the way for social equality.
- Love marriage gives rise to a new class of people.
- Love promotes happy and successful marriages.
- Love marriage lets you choose your own partner.
- Love marriage results in finding a compatible partner.
Conclusion: In this article above, are the best Igbo traditional wedding attires.