In this article, we would be writing the 6 best ways on how to whiten your teeth with baking soda.
Various people search for home remedies to make their teeth look brighter, such as whitening teeth with baking soda.
Baking soda serves as a teeth whitener within two days. Because of its nasty nature, baking soda takes away built-up plaque on teeth, and alkaline powder in baking soda can aid remove the stain.
While this procedure can be productive, it will take away stains on the surface of the teeth.
Instead of buying toothpaste, which contains baking soda, most people mix a paste of baking soda and water then brush with it to clean their pearly teeth.
Making use of baking soda is less expensive and can work better at cleaning teeth than our usual toothpaste because it’s concentrated.
Things you need to know;
- 6 Best Ways On How to Whiten Your Teeth with Baking Soda
- Is it safe to whiten teeth with baking soda?
- How fast does baking soda whiten teeth?
- How to whiten your teeth in one day?
Table of Contents
- 1 6 Best Ways On How to Whiten Your Teeth with Baking Soda
- 1.1 1. Mix baking soda and water
- 1.2 2. Brush your teeth with the baking soda paste for 1 to 2 minutes
- 1.3 3. Rinse your mouth when you finish brushing
- 1.4 4. Repeat every day for up to 2 weeks
- 1.5 5. Brush your teeth with a blend of baking soda and fluoride toothpaste
- 1.6 6. Gargle with baking soda and water rinse
- 2 Is it safe to whiten your teeth with baking soda?
- 3 How fast does baking soda whiten teeth?
- 4 How to whiten your teeth in one day?
6 Best Ways On How to Whiten Your Teeth with Baking Soda
1. Mix baking soda and water
In a little cup, mix ¼ to ½ teaspoon (1½ to 3g) of baking soda with plenty of water to form a paste. A paste around two parts of a baking soda mixed with 1 part of the water is simpler to use and more functional than baking soda alone.
2. Brush your teeth with the baking soda paste for 1 to 2 minutes
Soak a soft-bristled brush into the paste, and slowly scrub your teeth applying circular motions.
Scrub all around instead of brushing one spot for the whole two minutes. Make sure you don’t brush hard, or you might hurt your teeth.
3. Rinse your mouth when you finish brushing
After brushing for two minutes, pour out the baking soda and rinse it with clean water or mouthwash. Rinse your brush thoroughly too.
4. Repeat every day for up to 2 weeks
At least, brush your teeth with baking soda paste every day for one to two weeks. Afterward, cut back to doing it just once or twice a week.
Since it’s harsh, applying baking soda often may harm your teeth.
5. Brush your teeth with a blend of baking soda and fluoride toothpaste
Squash your usual toothpaste onto your toothpaste, then sprinkle a little amount of baking soda on top.
Brush your teeth regularly for two minutes with soft, round motions.
Then pour out, if you want to rinse out white residue, swish yours with little water.
6. Gargle with baking soda and water rinse
Mix one teaspoon (6g) of baking soda and one cup (240ml) of water into a glass, then blend it till the baking soda is well mixed.
Sip from the glass, rinse for 30 seconds, then pour out the mixture from your mouth. Redo this procedure until you’ve finished the entire drink.
Is it safe to whiten your teeth with baking soda?
Baking soda is a safe method to take off surface levels stains. In most products, though, you should use with care to avoid spoiling your tooth enamel.
The most common method of using baking soda in your whitening routine is by mixing it with water into a paste and brush for two minutes.
How fast does baking soda whiten teeth?
Another research found out that brushing with a commercial toothpaste having baking soda and peroxide twice per day led to 62% whiter teeth in 6 weeks ( 14 ).
How to whiten your teeth in one day?
- Use Apple Cider Vinegar
- Activated Charcoal
- Essential Oils Whitening Toothpaste
Conclusion: In this article, we have explained some of the ways you can whiten your teeth with baking soda.